Closure alert - FAQs
COVID-19 Update: ALL Austin Public Library locations, The Austin History Center, and Recycled Reads are closed to the public. Visit the COVID-19 resource page for service change notices. Interlibrary Loan has been suspended until further notice.
Answered By: Sheila Hubertus Last Updated: Jan 08, 2021 Views: 11690
hoopla is a collection of instantly available eBooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows and comic books that can be streamed on a PC or Mac. Items can also be streamed or downloaded onto the hoopla app, which is available in your device's app store for iOS, Android and the following Kindles: Kindle Fire 5th Gen and 7" 7th Gen, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" 4th Gen, and Kindle Fire HD 6", 7", 8", and 10".
Sign up for hoopla:
- Go to hoopla.
- Enter your email address twice, and then create and confirm a password of your choice. It must have at least 8 characters. Click Next.
- Select Austin Public Library (TX) from the drop-down menu, be sure to choose TX and not MN. Click Next.
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN (the same password/PIN that you use to log in to MY APL and OverDrive). If needed, learn how to reset your PIN.
- Click Next.
- Click Sign Me Up and then Done.
The setup process is similar through the app. In the future you will log in using your email address and the password you created. You need your Library Card number and PIN only for the initial setup.
Checkouts, Loan Periods & Renewals
- Checkout Limit: 4.
- Holds: Titles are always available—no holds required!
- Loan periods:
- 21 days: eBooks, audiobooks and comics
- 7 days: music albums
- 3 days: movies and TV shows
- All items expire at 7PM on their last lending day
- Renewals: 24 hours before a title is set to return, a renew button will appear below the item when you are logged in. You can do this for as many monthly borrows as you have remaining, and you do not need to re-download the item. After renewing, your title will remain on your device for another borrowing period. (Due to record label restrictions, music albums can be checked out only twice per month.)