Answered By: Zarissa Cline Last Updated: Oct 06, 2018 Views: 5303
hoopla is a collection of instantly available eBooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows and comic books that can be streamed on a PC or Mac. Items can also be streamed or downloaded onto the hoopla app, which is available in your device's app store for iOS, Android and the following Kindles: Kindle Fire (2015 models only), Kindle Fire HDX 7" 4th Gen, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" 3rd and 4th Gen and Kindle Fire HD 6, 7, and 8.
Sign up for hoopla:
- Go to hoopla.
- Select Austin Public Library (TX) from the drop-down menu, be sure to choose TX and not MN. Click Next.
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN (the same password/PIN that you use to log in to MY APL and OverDrive). If needed, learn how to reset your PIN. Click Next.
- Enter your email address twice, and then create and confirm a password of your choice. It must have at least 8 characters. Click Next.
- Click Sign Me Up and then Done.
The setup process is similar through the app. In the future you will log in using your email address and the password you created. You need your Library Card number and PIN only for the initial setup.
Checkouts, Loan Periods & Renewals
- Checkout Limit: Varies by month. Learn more about checkout limits.
- Holds: Titles are always available—no holds required!
- Loan periods:
- 21 days: eBooks, audiobooks and comics
- 7 days: music albums
- 3 days: movies and TV shows
- All items expire at 7PM on their last lending day
- Renewals: When there are two or fewer days left in the content borrowing period, a button will appear on the title screen asking if you'd like to renew the title. You can do this for as many borrows as you have remaining. (Due to record label restrictions, music albums can be checked out only twice per month.)
Call us at 512-974-7400, Option 1, or come to Tech Time for hands-on help with setup and troubleshooting.