Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Jun 27, 2016 Views: 9907
Is the item you want checked out or across town? Place a hold to get in line for the next available copy and to transfer the item to a location of your choice.
- You can have 5 holds at a time on physical items. Learn about other hold limits.
- Available items take 2-3 business days to arrive. Look here for same-day holds.
- Once a hold is available, you have 10 calendar days to pick it up or cancel the hold before you are charged a $1.00 unclaimed hold fee.
Place a hold by phone
Call Ask a Librarian: 512-974-7400, Option 1.
Place a hold online
- Log in to My APL. If you have never logged in, first register with the catalog.
- Find the item you want in the catalog by searching for the title, author, topic, etc.
- Click the green Place a Hold button to the right of or below the item.
- Choose a pickup location and click Confirm Hold.
If the hold is placed immediately with no option to choose a location, you have Single-Click Holds enabled. The hold will go to your preferred or "home" library. Learn how to change Single-Click Holds.
- When the item is ready, you will get an email. If you have not given us an email address, we will notify you by mail. These notifications are a courtesy; we are not responsible for misdirected mail or email. Learn how to confirm or change an email on your account.
You can also check the status of your hold by logging into My APL: Holds.