Answered By: Cesar Garza Last Updated: Dec 05, 2016 Views: 858
If all copies of an OverDrive item are checked out, you can place a hold to "get in line" for it. You can place up to 10 OverDrive holds using the OverDrive site or app, or through the main catalog.
Place a hold in OverDrive:
- From the OverDrive site or in the app, find the item you want and check the banner at the top. If it says Wait List, all copies are in use.
- Choose Place a Hold and sign in if prompted.
- A Success! message appears. You will receive an email when the item is available.
Place an OverDrive hold in the catalog:
- Find the item in the main catalog. OverDrive items will say EBOOK OVERDRIVE.
- If the item says Not Currently Available, choose Request this Download to place a hold.
- Log in if prompted.
- Confirm that the book is available in a format you can use.
- Enter or confirm your email address.
- Click Place Hold. You will receive an email when the item is available.