Answered By: Andrea Schwartz Last Updated: Mar 29, 2018 Views: 21404
To get a full access Library Card:
- Visit any of our Library locations. You can fill out an online application in advance or at the Library. Paper applications are also available on site.
- Show a photo ID.
- Show proof of residence address (digital proof of address is acceptable).
To get an eCard:
The eCard gives you 24/7 access to Austin Public Library’s Virtual Library resources including eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, streaming video and more. eCard accounts cannot be used to check out or place holds on physical materials, including laptops, tablets, and ILL requests. You can apply online for this card.
eCards are available to Austin residents who are 18 or older and who don’t have an Austin Public Library Card. eCard accounts are valid for one year.
- Complete and submit the online eCard Application, which can be found in the eCard section of our Library Card page.
- Upload an image of your photo ID and proof of current address.
- Your application will be processed within 2-3 days and, once approved, you will be sent an email with your eCard account number.
Library Cards are free for Austin residents. Learn how to verify your Austin residency.
Not an Austin resident? Full access Non-Resident Library Cards are available for $120 annually or $35 quarterly. Non-residents can alternatively apply for a free limited access APL TexShare Card by presenting a valid TexShare card from a participating library. Learn more about APL TexShare Cards.
Youth Cards are available for applicants under 18 years old. Youth must have an adult co-signer present at the time of application.
Library Group Cards are available for educational, nonprofit or service groups.
For questions regarding your Library Card, please email email@example.com or call the Customer Service Office at 512-974-7475. Also see the Library Card and Circulation Policies for additional details.