Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Feb 06, 2017 Views: 609
There are two ways to borrow Kindle books from the Library, which can be read on a Kindle or through the free Kindle app on another device:
- Get Kindle books using OverDrive
This method is best for browsing and discovering titles, because you can limit your search to just Kindle books.
- Get Kindle books from the catalog (see below)
This method is good if you know exactly what you want.
Get Kindle books from the catalog:
- Go to the catalog and find the book you want.
- Click Checkout Now. If the item is not available, place a hold by clicking Request this Download.
- Log in if prompted.
- If the book is available, confirm that Kindle is an option and then click Checkout Now. If the Kindle format is not shown, Kindle Fire users can choose EPUB, which can be read using the OverDrive app (learn more). You can also read the book in a browser using OverDrive Read.
- After checking out the book, find the item again on the page you are on or find it in My APL: Checkouts. Next to the book click Pick a format to download.
- Choose Kindle and click Download Now.
- A message will appear at the top of the screen. Click download.
You can also click , which appears where Pick a format to download used to be.
- Amazon will load in a new tab or window. Find Get library book on the right. If you are already signed in, confirm the device to which you want the book delivered with the drop-down menu and then click Get library book.
If you are not signed in, click Get library book and sign into your Amazon account. You will then choose your device and click Continue.
- Your Kindle book will be delivered the next time your device syncs.
Kindle Fire users can also download the OverDrive app to check out Kindle books, EPUB format eBooks and MP3 eAudiobooks (learn more).