Answered By: Jennifer Connor Last Updated: Jul 12, 2017 Views: 453
Most OverDrive items can be used without installing an app or other software on your computer or device. Simply use an up-to-date browser like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari. eBooks can be downloaded for offline use; audiobooks and videos require a constant internet connection.
See instructions as a PDF
Use OverDrive without an app
- Go to OverDrive and find a title:
- Click to search by title, author or topic.
- Click Subjects or Collections to browse (first click if needed).
Check the banner above the item cover to see if it's available.
Check the label below the item to see its type: eBook, Audiobook, or Video.
is for streaming movies. Videos cannot be downloaded.
For more details or a preview sample, click the item cover.
- Click Borrow. If the item has a wait list, you can place a hold to get in line. If prompted, sign in using your Library Card number and PIN.
- The Borrow button becomes Read / Listen / Watch in Browser. If you do not see this, click to go to your Loans, locate the item and click the button next to the title to view it:
For eBooks. Books can also be saved for offline reading.
For streaming video.For all items, pick up where you left off any time before the item expires by returning to your OverDrive Loans and clicking the button again.
Find specific formats
Not all items are available in all formats due to publisher restrictions. After searching or choosing a Collection or Subject, use filters to narrow your search (on the left on large screens, at the top on devices). When you click a format, your results will update to show only those formats.
You can also use the Advanced Search. Under Formats, choose the format you want. Make other selections if desired and click Search.