The Austin History Center will be closed from 1/29 to 2/27 for renovations.
Answered By: Lisa Hamilton Last Updated: Jan 11, 2024 Views: 1475
Yes! We appreciate customer suggestions and try to purchase the suggested titles. Please use the Suggest a Title form in your My Library Dashboard to alert the library's ordering team. You need to have an Austin Public Library card and be registered in the catalog to make a suggestion. You can also find a link to the form at the bottom of the catalog and more information at the Suggest Titles Research Guide.
Other things to keep in mind about Suggesting a Title:
- You can monitor your suggestions in the My Library Dashboard. Notifications will not be sent via email.
- You are limited to four suggestions a month. The clock will restart at midnight ET of the last day of the month.
- Selectors will take approximately three weeks to review suggestions.
- You can cancel a request if a selector has not responded to it yet, and make a new suggestion. You can also remove a reviewed suggestion, however you will not be able to make a new suggestion.
- If we do purchase a title, you may place a hold on it when it appears in the catalog as "On Order." A hold will not automatically be placed for you.
We can request print books through Interlibrary Loan from other library systems if we're not able to purchase a copy for the library. Please see our full Interlibrary Loan Policy for additional information. Other media may be available through the Texas State Library and Archives Commission Interlibrary Loan service.