Answered By: Betsey Blanche Last Updated: Feb 03, 2017 Views: 17974
To get a Library Card:
- Visit any of our Library locations. You can fill out an online application in advance or at the Library. Paper applications are also available on site.
- Show a photo ID.
- Show proof of residence address (digital proof of address is acceptable).
Library Cards are free for Austin residents. Learn how to verify your Austin residency.
Not an Austin resident? Full access Non-Resident Library Cards are available for $120 annually or $35 quarterly. Non-residents can alternatively apply for a free limited access APL TexShare Card by presenting a valid TexShare card from a participating library. Learn more about APL TexShare Cards.
Applicants under 18 years old must have an adult co-signer present at the time of application. Learn more about Youth Cards.
All Library Cards expire and must be renewed in person.
- Adult Resident cards are valid for 2 years.
- $120 Yearly Non-Resident cards are valid for 1 year from the date paid.
- $35 Quarterly Non-Resident cards are valid for 3 months from the date paid.
- Youth Resident cards issued/renewed are valid for 2 years, or until the borrower's 18th birthday, whichever occurs first.
Customers who have had their Austin Public Library card for six months and are in good standing can apply for a TexShare pass to borrow materials at other participating library systems.
Library Group Cards are available for educational, nonprofit or service groups.
For questions regarding your Library Card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Customer Service Office at 512-974-7475. Also see the Library Card and Circulation Policies for additional details.