Answered By: Andrea Schwartz Last Updated: Aug 02, 2017 Views: 2031
If you are experiencing problems logging on to hoopla, please first double-check that your library barcode is typed in correctly, and that you have selected the Austin Public Library in Texas (rather than in Minnesota).
Sometimes hoopla has been erroneously giving the message that your Library privilege has expired, which bars you from checking out items. We're investigating the issue. In the meantime, most customers are able to check out items again by following these steps. You can also watch a video demonstrating the steps in action.
- Make sure that your hoopla password is at least 8 characters. If you need to reset it, there is a Forgot your password? link below the password box on the hoopla website. The hoopla password is different from your Library Card PIN/password.
- Make sure your Library Card PIN/password is at least 6 characters, with one letter and one number. If you need to change it, here are instructions. You can also contact us and we can reset your PIN for you.
- Make sure your Library information is up to date in hoopla.
- If you're using hoopla in your browser, log in and click Settings in the upper right. Click Library Settings. Retype your Library Card Number and PIN. Click Save.
- If you're using the app...
iOS: Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner. Tap Library Settings. Re-enter your Library Card number and PIN, then tap Save Library Settings.
Android: Tap the Menu icon in the upper-right corner. Tap Settings. Further down the screen, enter your Library Card number and Library PIN/password. Tap Save at the top.
At this point, try to check out an item. If you aren't successful, try these additional steps:
- If you're using the app, delete the app and reinstall it.
- Log out of hoopla and sign back in.
If those steps don't work, please let us know if we have permission to forward your Library information to hoopla tech support for testing. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue.