Answered By: Maggie Bond Last Updated: Aug 28, 2018 Views: 2692
Yes, you can print from the public computers at all Austin Public Library locations. The fee is $0.20 per side for each black and white printout. Color printing is not available.
The Austin Public Library is transitioning to a new computer management system, so there are two systems in place currently.
At the Central Library and other branches under new system:
- You may pay at print release station using coins or bills up to $5.00.
- To pay with credit card or for print jobs over $5.00, please visit the checkout desk to pay and pick up your printout(s).
- At the print release station, enter the number you used to log into the computer (Library Card, Guest Pass, or Computer Account number) to preview and release the print jobs.
- Mobile printing is available at these locations. You can download the PrinterOn app to send a file from a mobile device or visit the PrinterOn page for the location where you want to print for more information and other options: Central Library or Twin Oaks Branch. Once you send the print job, visit a print release station an enter the email you used to send the job.
At all other locations:
- Visit the checkout desk to pay for your print jobs.
- Mobile printing is not available at this time.