Answered By: Lisa Hamilton Last Updated: Aug 31, 2018 Views: 2483
Answered By: Lisa Hamilton
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2018 Views: 2483
If you can't find a title in the catalog, you have a few options:
- Ask a Librarian! We're available by phone, email, text, and chat to check on a title for you.
- Suggest a Title for the Library to purchase. You can find this link under Ask Us in the top navigation menu. A member of our Collection Development team will review your request and let you know via email whether or not we can add a copy to our collection. Each cardholder can make up to two suggestions per week.
- Request it through Interlibrary Loan. We can request one book at a time from other library systems on behalf of library card holders.
- Use the TexShare Card Program and check out items directly from other public or academic library systems in Texas. Austin Public Library cardholders (resident and paid non-resident) who have had their Library Card for at least 6 months and are in good standing, are eligible to apply in person at any Austin Public Library location.
- Request an ILL from the Texas State Library and Archives. You can have up to 5 active requests and multiple formats (books, DVDS, CDs, etc.). You must register, pick up and return items in person at the State Library.