Answered By: Betsey Blanche Last Updated: Jun 25, 2017 Views: 3873
Most OverDrive titles can be returned early. See the full OverDrive instructions, or see below.
If you haven’t downloaded or played the title yet, click Return in your OverDrive account.
If you have downloaded the title, this option in your account disappears, but you can return the title from the device and software you used to download it following the appropriate instructions:
- OverDrive for Android (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Chromebook (EPUB, MP3)
- OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Windows 8+10 (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for Windows (desktop) (MP3 only)
- Amazon's website (Kindle Books)
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac (EPUB and PDF)
Early return exceptions:
- Open PDF eBooks cannot be returned early.
- Once you start playing a streaming video in your browser, you can only return it if you add it to OverDrive's app for Android or iOS.
- Open EPUBs can only be returned from OverDrive's app for Android, Chromebook, iOS, or Windows 8.
- Items cannot be returned early through OverDrive's desktop app for Mac.
All titles auto-return at the end of the lending period. Learn how to change the lending period for future checkouts.
OverDrive’s Front Line Support can early-return a title if the customer submits a request using Help; this would be fulfilled within 1 business day.