Answered By: Zarissa Cline Last Updated: Mar 29, 2018 Views: 464
Though we do not have a notification system for new titles, you can create a search to look for multiple favorite authors simultaneously and then save the search. The next time you want to check, instead of re-entering all of the names, you can re-run the saved search with a single click to see if anything new has arrived or is now on order.
- Go to the catalog's Advanced Search.
To access this from the Library's website, just click Advanced Catalog Search under the search box in the top, right corner.
- Under Use the form to construct your query, change Include ALL to Include ANY.
- Change Keyword Anywhere to Author or Contributor.
- Enter an author's name.
- To the right of that box, click .
- For the new box, follow steps 3-5 until you've added several of your favorite authors. Here's an example of what this might look like:
- Click Search. Change the Sort By to Published Date. This way when you run the search again, you'll see the new items on top.
- Click Save Search after the search code at the top:
- Name the search and click Save it.
To run saved searches later, go to your Saved Searches (linked under the search box in the catalog) and click the name of the search. The search will run, sorted by Published Date to show the newest available content and possibly some On Order items, which you can place holds on.
Other ways to learn about new releases:
- Amazon's Authors You Follow – Follow authors and get emails when they release a new book (an Amazon account is required).
- TrackNewBook.com – Get emails about new releases based on author, subject, keyword, etc.
If an upcoming book is by a popular author, the new release is likely already on our radars, even if it doesn't show as On Order yet. We will buy one or several copies as soon as it's available. Feel free to Suggest a Title to be sure, or Ask a Librarian and we can check if we plan to order it.