Closure alert - FAQs
COVID-19 Update: ALL Austin Public Library locations, The Austin History Center, and Recycled Reads are closed to the public. Please refer to the Library's Press Release for updated service information.
Answered By: Zarissa Cline Last Updated: Dec 04, 2019 Views: 13040
Is the item you want checked out or across town? Place a hold to get in line for the next available copy and to transfer the item to a library location of your choice.
- You can have 7 holds at a time on physical items. Learn about other hold limits.
- Available items typically take 3-5 business days to arrive at a new location. Look here for same-day holds.
- Once a hold is available, you have 10 calendar days to pick it up or cancel the hold before you are charged a $1.00 fee.
Place a hold online
- Log in to My APL. If it's your first time, you need to register.
- Find the item you want in the catalog.
- Click the green Place a Hold button.
- Choose a pickup location and click Confirm Hold.
- When the item is ready, you will get an email. If you have not given us an email address, we will notify you by mail. These notifications are a courtesy; we are not responsible for misdirected mail or email. Learn how to confirm or change an email on your account.
You can also check the status of your hold by logging into My APL: Holds.