Answered By: Christina Shin Last Updated: Jul 26, 2021 Views: 37
You can save a catalog search to run again later, saving you the time of re-entering search terms. A saved search can be useful for identifying new books by your favorite author(s) or on specific topics. The next time you want to check to see what's new or on order you can re-run the saved search with a single click!
- Go to the Catalog's Advanced Search.
- Under Use the form to construct your query, change Include ALL to Include ANY.
- Enter an author's name or keyword for a topic of interest.
- To the right of that box, click .
- For the new box, follow steps 3–4 until you've added several of your favorite authors, topics or ways of expressing a single topic.
If desired, additional selections for Format, Audience and Content, may be made further down the page.
- Click Search.
- At the top, change Sort by to Published Date. This way, when you run the search again, you'll see the new items on top.
- In the upper right corner, click . Log in, if prompted.
- Name the search and click Save.
To run a saved search: Go to your Saved Searches, linked under the search box in the Catalog, and click the name of the search. You can also access Saved Searches in My Settings, under Account Preferences. The saved search, sorted by Published Date, will show the newest available content and possibly some On Order items, which you can place holds on.
If an upcoming book is by a popular author, the new release is likely already on our radar, even if it doesn't show as On Order yet. We will buy several copies as soon as it's available. Feel free to Suggest a Title to be sure.