Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Apr 15, 2017 Views: 1031
Enjoy eBooks, audiobooks and videos using OverDrive on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We recommend the OverDrive app for the widest selection and to use content offline (see below). You can also use OverDrive without an app.
OverDrive for iOS
Download and set up the app (a one-time process)
- Using your iPhone, iPad or iPad touch, go to the Apple App Store and install the free OverDrive app. You may need your Apple ID Password.
- Open the app, tap Sign Up and then tap Sign up using library card.
- On the Find your library screen, in the box enter: Austin Public Library. Then tap Go.
- Tap one of our branches—it doesn't matter which one.
- Enter your Card Number and password. Tap Sign In.
Borrow and use content
- In the OverDrive app, tap the menu in the top left:
- Tap Austin Public Library from the slide-out menu to go our OverDrive catalog.
- Find an item to borrow.
Once you have a list of items...
can only be streamed; videos cannot be downloaded.
require the NOOK app. Learn more about NOOK periodicals.
- Tap Borrow if available. If the item has a wait list, you can place a hold to get in line. If prompted, sign in using your Library Card number and PIN.
- The message "This title is now checked out to you" appears at the top in red. If available, tap Add to App to load the title directly into the app and go to Step 7.
If you don't see this button or prefer the Kindle format, tap Loans in the message.
- For Audiobooks, tap Download MP3 audiobook.
For Videos, tap Add to App to stream it. Videos cannot be downloaded.
For eBooks, tap Download and pick EPUB eBook.
You can also choose the Kindle format if you'd like to use the Kindle app on your iOS device or to send the book to a Kindle device. Start at Step 5 on these instructions.
- Items will load in the app. To see them, tap and then tap Bookshelf from the slide-out menu. Tap the item to open it. Audiobooks show options automatically. For eBooks and Videos, tap in the center of your device to see options, including:
= table of contents and title info
= adjust the brightness
= change the font size and style
= additional styling options