Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Feb 06, 2017 Views: 8775
No one can see your checkout or holds history—not even us. The Library sees only current checkouts and holds, as well as items that incurred fines.
However: items you add to Shelves and Lists are public unless you make them private. Also note that any item you comment on, rate, tag or summarize is automatically added to your Completed Shelf. Learn how to check and change your settings below.
To make items automatically private or public:
- Go to My APL: Privacy.
- Check the desired boxes and click Save Changes.
To check or change the privacy of individual items:
- Log in to My APL: My Shelves and go to the desired Shelf.
- Check to the left of the item's cover. A lock icon means it's private. No lock means it's public.
- To change the status, click Add Details next to an item.
- At the bottom of the menu, check the box by Keep this item private so only you can see it, or uncheck it to make the item public.
- Log in to My APL: My Lists.
- Click the list name to view it.
- On the left side, check or uncheck the box as preferred: