Answered By: Cesar Garza
Last Updated: Dec 05, 2016     Views: 274

Every year some Library locations receive the basic forms: 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ. The Central Library also receives the instruction booklets. After tax season, most leftover forms are recycled.

For an update of available forms and locations for the current year's taxes, check the News section of the APL homepage. Early in the year we publish a news release titled, usually, "Tax Forms and Assistance," which outlines the Library locations that offer tax forms, free tax assistance, or both.

Need forms now? The IRS will mail what you need for free: call 1-800-829-3676 or order online.

You can also view and print all documents and forms from the Forms and Publications section of the IRS website (exception: multi-part "carbon-copy" forms like the 1099 cannot be printed). Printing is available at all Library locations for 20 cents per page.