Answered By: Lisa Hamilton Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 2827
All Austin Public Library Cards expire. Their length of validity depends on the card type:
- Adult Austin Resident Cards are valid for 2 years
- Youth Austin Resident Cards are valid for 2 years or until the borrower's 18th birthday, whichever occurs first
- All Yearly Non-Resident Cards are valid for 1 year
- All Quarterly Non-Resident Cards are valid for 3 months
- TexShare Limited Access Cards expire on the same date as the borrower's paper TexShare card (up to 1 year from the APL registration or renewal date)
To renew a Library Card:
- Visit the checkout desk at any Austin Public Library location.
- Show your library card, a valid/acceptable photo ID and proof of current residence address.
- Pay any fines accrued on the account.
- Non-residents will be required to pay a non-resident fee in order to renew their card ($120 yearly or $35 quarterly). Learn how to verify your residency here.
Cards must be renewed by the cardholder on an Adult card or the care/of person listed on a Youth card.
For information regarding additional requirements needed to renew limited access and group accounts, please visit our Library Card and Circulation Policies page or call our Customer Service Office at 512-974-7475.