Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Feb 06, 2017 Views: 49
You can enjoy OverDrive eBooks in several ways. If you'd like to read it on a smartphone or tablet, or if you want to download it to your computer, choose your device at How do I get started with OverDrive?
You can also read the book directly in your internet browser. There are two methods:
- Get OverDrive eBooks from OverDrive
This method is best for browsing and discovering titles, because you can limit your search to only OverDrive eBooks. You can also stream audiobooks.
- Get OverDrive items from the catalog (see below)
This method is good if you know exactly what you want (searching by title) or just happen to come across an OverDrive eBook that you're interested in. It works only for OverDrive eBooks, not audiobooks.
Get OverDrive eBooks from the catalog
- Go to the catalog and find an OverDrive eBook.
- The book you want must say EBOOK OVERDRIVE. Click Checkout Now.
Note: Titles with holds will say Request this Download. Click it to place a hold.
- Log in if prompted. Confirm that OverDrive Read is an option:
- If the book is not available, click Place Hold. If it is available, choose Checkout Now.
- After the page refreshes, click OverDrive Read. If you don't see this, go to My APL: Checked Out and find the book. If needed, select to reveal OverDrive Read.
- The book will load in a new browser tab. When your reading session is over, close the tab. To resume reading, return to My APL: Checked Out and click OverDrive Read by the book again. To return the book early, click Return Now. It will automatically return after its lending period.