Answered By: Meg Holle Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 245
Enjoy eBooks, eAudiobooks and videos using OverDrive on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device or computer. We recommend the OverDrive app to use content offline and to access the widest available selection. See below to get started. You can also use OverDrive without an app.
OverDrive for Windows 8 + 10
Download and set up the app (a one-time process)
- On your Windows device, go to the Windows Store and get the free app, OverDrive - Library eBooks & Audiobooks (do not get the OverDrive Media Console). Click Install. You may need to sign in with or create a Microsoft account.
- Open the app and click Sign Up.
- Select Sign up using library card.
- On the Find your library screen, in the box enter: Austin Public Library. Then click Go.
- Tap one of our branches—it doesn't matter which one.
- Enter your Card Number and password. Tap Sign In.
Borrow and use content
- Open the OverDrive app and click + Add a Title to go to our OverDrive catalog.
- Find an item to borrow.
- Click to search by title, author or topic.
- Click Subjects or Collections to browse.
can only be streamed; videos cannot be downloaded.
require the NOOK app. Learn more about NOOK periodicals.
- Click Borrow if available. If the item has a wait list, you can place a hold to get in line. If prompted, sign in using your Library Card number and PIN.
- The message "This title is now checked out to you" appears at the top in red. Click to go to your Loans.
- For Audiobooks, tap Download MP3 audiobook.
For Videos, tap Watch in Browser to stream it. Videos cannot be downloaded.
For eBooks, tap Download and pick EPUB eBook.
- After downloading an eBook or audiobook, click Go to bookshelf.
Click the item to open it. eAudiobooks show options automatically. For eBooks, click in the center of your device to see options, including:= table of contents and other title info
= settings for styling options (font size, background color, etc.)